Lights to bright?

BryceJohn39

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these two mars aqua lights sitting on top of my 32 gallon biocube do you think this will be to bright for corals I will be adding?

OP
OP
B

BryceJohn39

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3573.jpeg

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those old design black boxes can bake cookies if you aren't careful. There is no way to say if you are laying down too much light based on a photo.

Ask your LFS. They may have a rental PAR meter. Absolute best way to get everything dialed in and know it's good

OP
OP
B

BryceJohn39

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those old design black boxes can bake cookies if you aren't careful. There is no way to say if you are laying down too much light based on a photo.

Ask your LFS. They may have a rental PAR meter. Absolute best way to get everything dialed in and know it's good
I was gonna try and put them higher up to break the light up but they can’t be any brighter than what the fluval evo 13 gallon has that thing has cooked red cap montis before for me personally lol

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna try and put them higher up to break the light up but they can’t be any brighter than what the fluval evo 13 gallon has that thing has cooked red cap montis before for me personally lol
You may be surprised. I know a lot of folks used to remove the optics to help difuse the light and create better blending they were also always mounted 12" or more above.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 49 47.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back