Lights

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question right now my lights hang from the ceiling and are just inside my canopy so while sitting on my couch the lights are not in peoples eyes. I’m looking at a new tank which would not have a canopy but wondering what to do to not have the lights in my eyes. The lights I have are the box style led . I believe the box is 18x9. Obviously the lights come on when I’m normally on my couch and don’t want that to change because I’d never see my tank then.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can have a light cover 3-D printed. You just need to find the file for it and have someone print it for you. If you can’t find it, then you can ask someone to create it and then print it.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what any of that means but I’ll look into it thanks.
Someone who has a 3-D printer at home will be able to print a plastic (special plastic that resists salt water) cover for your light. They need a special file that tells the printer what to do.

Some people will know how to create the file while others only know how to print an existing file.

Does it make more sense ?

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah I see not sure that would do much for me due to my angle we sit…not sure though

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to help everyone here is my view with the canopy open so I’m not sure a shed would come done far enough to make a difference, don’t know much about them though.

Attachments

• IMG_4555.jpeg
    IMG_4555.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 35

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to help everyone here is my view with the canopy open so I’m not sure a shed would come done far enough to make a difference, don’t know much about them though.
You can make a fake one out of cardboard and see what size it needs to be for you to be comfortable looking at your tank.

Then you’ll know what size to ask for. It can be made exactly as you need it. That’s what’s great with 3-D printing.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see the lighting I have is the 18x9 box which I like with no canopy how do most hide the cords going from the lights down to the power at the bottom. See how you can see the cords going down the wall?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 34

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see the lighting I have is the 18x9 box which I like with no canopy how do most hide the cords going from the lights down to the power at the bottom. See how you can see the cords going down the wall?
I’ve never had such lights, mine are sitting on a brace on the tank.

I have no idea how to hide this.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back