Lignite Carbon

  • Thread starter Thread starter bluemon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bluemon

Lazy DIY Reefer
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2017
Messages
2,622
Reaction score
2,513
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using this BRS lignite carbon for almost 10 years now, and I recently found out that it might cause HLLE.

I haven't had a tang the last few years, but I did recently get a baby Naso which has been one fat healthy bugger.

It's been 2 months without any health issues (besides being a pig), but I am concerned about the lignite carbon I've been putting in the filter bags.

I have three small filter bags for the water that comes out of my fleece roller before it goes to the refugium. Is it okay if I keep using it (since I still have half a big bucket left) as I have seen no downsides?

Or should I switch to the new ROX stuff?

Also what should I do with the old lignite stuff then?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new