• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

[likely taken]

Item Price
$0.00
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm in Central TX, not really looking to ship.

zlenny.png

This is a sailfin blenny, Emblemaria pandionis, originally from KP Aquatics. I thought on getting my two that I had two females, but due to both developing dark colors and one developing quite a large dorsal fin, I believe both are male. They're territorial, so that isn't going well, and I would therefore like to find this one (which is either a non-dominant male or a female) a new home. If it is a male, it'll develop a dorsal fin nearly an inch tall and do frequent 'flagging' displays, though I don't guarantee this is in fact a male.

They're easy to care for. They find a small hole near the sandbed, preferably an empty shell, and take up residence. When food drifts by, they snag it, and my dominant male has learned to go up onto the rockwork during feeding time. They should eat pretty much any meaty foods you care to offer. They may quarrel with shrimpgobies and similar hole-dwelling blennies that come near their chosen hole, but should otherwise either ignore, or display at without charging/biting, any fish you have. This one is about 2" now, and they get to roughly 3".

I put both blennies through a medicated quarantine of chloroquine phosphate after getting them, and the tank they're in is one where every fish has been through medicated QT and every wet surface has been through a fallow period. They should be free of ich, velvet, flukes, and the other particularly nasty pathogens that people quarantine against, and I've seen nothing to indicate otherwise, though once again I make no guarantees.

Anyone want this little guy/gal? 100% free, though I would appreciate hearing back in a couple months if it's grown a large dorsal fin like I suspect it might.

Marvollo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

zlenny.png

This is a sailfin blenny, Emblemaria pandionis, originally from KP Aquatics. I thought on getting my two that I had two females, but due to both developing dark colors and one developing quite a large dorsal fin, I believe both are male. They're territorial, so that isn't going well, and I would therefore like to find this one (which is either a non-dominant male or a female) a new home. If it is a male, it'll develop a dorsal fin nearly an inch tall and do frequent 'flagging' displays, though I don't guarantee this is in fact a male.

They're easy to care for. They find a small hole near the sandbed, preferably an empty shell, and take up residence. When food drifts by, they snag it, and my dominant male has learned to go up onto the rockwork during feeding time. They should eat pretty much any meaty foods you care to offer. They may quarrel with shrimpgobies and similar hole-dwelling blennies that come near their chosen hole, but should otherwise either ignore, or display at without charging/biting, any fish you have. This one is about 2" now, and they get to roughly 3".

I put both blennies through a medicated quarantine of chloroquine phosphate after getting them, and the tank they're in is one where every fish has been through medicated QT and every wet surface has been through a fallow period. They should be free of ich, velvet, flukes, and the other particularly nasty pathogens that people quarantine against, and I've seen nothing to indicate otherwise, though once again I make no guarantees.

Anyone want this little guy/gal? 100% free, though I would appreciate hearing back in a couple months if it's grown a large dorsal fin like I suspect it might.

zlenny.png

Hi, what area are you located at? I am interested

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back