OP
LilElroyJetson

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is fine man. The overflow is still small and it wont cause any problems. Might just be a little harder to clean but that's it.
Cleaning and keeping coralline off it was my main reason for wanting an external overflow. I hate the look of coralline everywhere, but love it on the rocks. Small complaint though, and you’re right, the footprint on the Shadow is small so that’s good.

OP
OP
LilElroyJetson

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Special delivery! :star-struck:
image000000.jpeg

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was clever they put the probe holder on the depth baffle and I like the heater holders too.
I love my sump, don't get me wrong, but I paid I think 700ish for it and I didn't even get a tshirt or even a sticker with it man. Not even a free filter sock...

It came with a letter that said, "dude get a job." :grinning-squinting-face:

Then I had to buy all the probe and heater holders and whatnot separately.

But yeah, nice stuff from Synergy. They weren't even a factor in the equation when I bought mine.
I'll have to see what they make. I'm sure they make something I can use. Looks like they make all of Neptune's stuff almost.

OP
OP
LilElroyJetson

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was clever they put the probe holder on the depth baffle and I like the heater holders too.
I love my sump, don't get me wrong, but I paid I think 700ish for it and I didn't even get a tshirt or even a sticker with it man. Not even a free filter sock...

It came with a letter that said, "dude get a job." :grinning-squinting-face:

Then I had to buy all the probe and heater holders and whatnot separately.

But yeah, nice stuff from Synergy. They weren't even a factor in the equation when I bought mine.
I'll have to see what they make. I'm sure they make something I can use. Looks like they make all of Neptune's stuff almost.
Thanks!! Love the little details in this sump! The probe holders are a stock upgrade option but the heater holders were my idea and super happy I thought to ask for them! Love keeping these things clean to the extend possible. Synergy is the best. You should check out their ATO Reservoirs. Pricey, but they’re so nice I actually kept my old one outside my stand because it looked so cool and will be doing the same this time around.

OP
OP
LilElroyJetson

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I’ll be taking delivery and having the initial install (including water, sand and live rock) either the third or fourth week of this month! Can’t wait!

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I’ll be taking delivery and having the initial install (including water, sand and live rock) either the third or fourth week of this month! Can’t wait!
Looks like I may be setting up at the same time as you. UPS broke my tank which has me at like DEFCON 1 levels of ticked off, but Advanced Acrylics is making another.

Hopefully everything is fine with delivery. My luck wasn't so swell.

OP
OP
LilElroyJetson

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I may be setting up at the same time as you. UPS broke my tank which has me at like DEFCON 1 levels of ticked off, but Advanced Acrylics is making another.

Hopefully everything is fine with delivery. My luck wasn't so swell.
Man that’s terrible. I’m sorry to hear that! I thought acrylic was much tougher to break, they must’ve been pretty negligent. On the bright side you have a little extra time for more planning and preparation.

Thankfully mine is being delivered by my LFS and they are handling my entire build, so I’m feeling pretty reassured it’s in good, experienced hands, rather than with a big shipping company.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that’s terrible. I’m sorry to hear that! I thought acrylic was much tougher to break, they must’ve been pretty negligent. On the bright side you have a little extra time for more planning and preparation.

Thankfully mine is being delivered by my LFS and they are handling my entire build, so I’m feeling pretty reassured it’s in good, experienced hands, rather than with a big shipping company.
All the corners on the box were rounded, the protective cardboard corners inside the box, the bubble wrap and the peanuts from hell were smashed too. Personally, I would have freight shipped this on a palette, but it was packed well enough and marked appropriately that this SHOULD NOT have happened if people weren't throwing it all over the place like I know they were.

They are building me another one. And I have nothing bad to say about Advanced. They responded quickly and they're taking care of it. But I'm delayed now.

My stand still isn't here so it's not like I can do anything for the moment. Hopefully this all passes quick.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But anyway yeah, after seeing the Synergy Sumps, if I ever need a sump in the future I know who I'm bugging. Really Nice Quality for not a lot of money.

Who knows, I might go on a bender after playing with this new system for a while where I decide on a much bigger tank...and then Synergy can hook a brother up.

OP
OP
LilElroyJetson

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the corners on the box were rounded, the protective cardboard corners inside the box, the bubble wrap and the peanuts from hell were smashed too. Personally, I would have freight shipped this on a palette, but it was packed well enough and marked appropriately that this SHOULD NOT have happened if people weren't throwing it all over the place like I know they were.

They are building me another one. And I have nothing bad to say about Advanced. They responded quickly and they're taking care of it. But I'm delayed now.

My stand still isn't here so it's not like I can do anything for the moment. Hopefully this all passes quick.
That’s annoying, but really cool of Advanced to take care of it for you. Good luck! The new one will be here before you know it I’m sure. Synergy is definitely worth checking out for a future build!

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s annoying, but really cool of Advanced to take care of it for you. Good luck! The new one will be here before you know it I’m sure. Synergy is definitely worth checking out for a future build!
I guess if my stand comes here I can start putting everything together anyway and when the tank that holds water gets here, I'll swap the now "dummy tank" out for the one that holds water. But this isn't my tank thread, so as you were sir. ;)

OP
OP
LilElroyJetson

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess if my stand comes here I can start putting everything together anyway and when the tank that holds water gets here, I'll swap the now "dummy tank" out for the one that holds water. But this isn't my tank thread, so as you were sir. ;)
Lol always happy to chat regardless of whose thread it is!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back