• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Limpets anyone?

rlkilwil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

would anyone out there be interested in buying some reef-raised limpets from me?? I collected some recently, and have found them to be awesome algae eaters! They recently laid a whole bunch of eggs, so soon I’m going to have a bunch of captive bred limpets available! If this sounds like something you’d like to have in your tank, how many would you want?? A pack of 20? 10? Who would be interested in paying a small fee to have some shipped to them??

extra info:
These limpets are native to Florida, and are small, round, and grey/black. They have an average adult size of a half inch, and love to spend the night time grazing on algae on your rocks and glass. They also reproduce regularly, providing extra clean up crew or healthy snacks for hungry fish and inverts! Has anyone else had success with limpets in their reef tank?? They’re cool little creatures!

lynaea75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics?
I’d probably be interested in getting 5-10, my tank is only 20gallons

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back