Limpets flipping over

ZzyzxRiver

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,170
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some limpets from reef cleaners and these suckers fall over onto their backs left and right! My assumption was that as tidepool critters they would be way less prone to detaching from the rock.

They’ve only been in for a couple days- is it possible they just need to acclimate longer? Or do limpets just do this and need to be flipped over constantly?
 
Not that I can *definitely* tell them apart, but it appears to be the same 3 that keep doing it. Maybe next time they fall I’ll replace them in a particular corner to test my theory that it’s just those ones that have a problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new