Linka’s 150 gallon build

LiLinka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name on reef2reef name is linka. But my real name is Ian. I currently have 2 tanks. A 30 gallon nano AIO reef tank. And a 120 gallon fish only system. I’ve decided I’m going to convert the fish only tank into a reef tank. New tank same stand just 4 inches taller with a sump. I’m going to post about my aquascape, building sump adding coral etc, the plans for the new acrylic tank just went in for a quote so this thread will be slightly inactive for a few weeks. But I wanted to document eveything in the process. Hope you all enjoy. (Below are pictures of both tanks)

IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_1743.jpeg
IMG_1742.jpeg

Here is fish only tank:
IMG_1746.jpeg
IMG_1738.jpeg
IMG_1739.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on the adventure! The pictures look great so far!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name on reef2reef name is linka. But my real name is Ian. I currently have 2 tanks. A 30 gallon nano AIO reef tank. And a 120 gallon fish only system. I’ve decided I’m going to convert the fish only tank into a reef tank. New tank same stand just 4 inches taller with a sump. I’m going to post about my aquascape, building sump adding coral etc, the plans for the new acrylic tank just went in for a quote so this thread will be slightly inactive for a few weeks. But I wanted to document eveything in the process. Hope you all enjoy. (Below are pictures of both tanks)

IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_1743.jpeg
IMG_1742.jpeg

Here is fish only tank:
IMG_1746.jpeg
IMG_1738.jpeg
IMG_1739.jpeg
Very nice looking coral!

OP
OP
LiLinka

LiLinka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys quick update I’m currently working out the details for the tank. Final dimensions are 48x24x30 150 gallon display volume. I’m currently deciding on what type of overflow I want in the tank. I’m leaning towards center external overflow / ghost overflow, but am open to other peoples opinions on what they recommend. As well as picking a sump. In stand I have L: 43 H: 32 W: 22. Currently leaning towards a custom one. But if they have pre built ones that fit this please let me know. I also want to add a Red Sea fleece roller instead of socks. Will update soon with final plans. Have a good week everyone!

J&K Reefers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the future consider a used acrylic tank. If you have the space, you can buy a much bigger one at a much lower price. I was able to purchase a 300 gallon acrylic tank for $1800. I did have to sand and polish it to get scratches out, but for me, that was part of the fun, good luck on your new build. Your current set up looks great.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back