Linki Goby, Amblygobius linki

  • Thread starter Thread starter CoralNerd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,493
Reaction score
1,034
Location
SoCal
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone have experience with Linki Goby, Amblygobius linki? I wonder why they are rated semi-aggressive? I wonder if it would be aggressive towards smaller 1" gobbies or Anthias or Kamohara Blenny?
 
Or just in general if anyone has experience with this fish please share. Thanks
 
Austin nice to see you here xD I followed you on partner of your trip to Southeast Asia and it was really cool! I actually live in China and not many of us from Asia are on here (I’m Chinese-Canadian).

I don’t know much about these gobies except that they potentially get to 6”, send a bit more free swimming than your average Yellow Watchman, not sure if they’re entirely sand-sifting but from what I read a notable portion of their diet does come from microfauna in the sand. If that’s the case a mature sand bed may be required. As for how easy it is to get them eating captive fare I’m not sure so ask around.

What are your plans for your fish and corals and tanks from now on?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new