Lion fish and frog fish?!

DerekT5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, i am wondering if a lion fish and a frog fish would be okay together in a tank. my original plan was to have a reef tank but i like the fish more than the corals and want more of a “predator tank”. any ideas? Thanks!

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lions and anglers go great in a reef, if sized properly they can go together. An angler can eat anything up to their size and will even try larger. A lion can eat what ever fits in its mouth. A good fit is a wartskin angler and a fuzzy or zebra lion. You would want at the very least a 40B for this pair. If you are talking a larger tank, a volitan and painted or sargassum angler would be a good mix, in at least a 90g for this pair. Plan to feed the anglers and dwarf lions live food for long term success.

OP
OP
DerekT5

DerekT5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lions and anglers go great in a reef, if sized properly they can go together. An angler can eat anything up to their size and will even try larger. A lion can eat what ever fits in its mouth. A good fit is a wartskin angler and a fuzzy or zebra lion. You would want at the very least a 40B for this pair. If you are talking a larger tank, a volitan and painted or sargassum angler would be a good mix, in at least a 90g for this pair. Plan to feed the anglers and dwarf lions live food for long term success.
should i put the dwarf lion in before the frog fish so it can grow out a little or put them both in at the same time?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are choosing a warty and a dwarf lion, you'll likely be able to get compatible sizes from the start, and put them in together. The angler would have to be pretty small compared to the lion for the lion to eat him. BUT the warty could and will eat a lion of similar size.

Back