Lionfish ID. Is this twin spot lionfish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cvrle1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cvrle1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2018
Messages
902
Reaction score
988
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have to admit I dont know too ,uch about lionfish, so trying to figure out more about specific one. Local reefer has a lionfish that he is looking to rehome as he is going traveling and cant depend on others to feed it live food. He said it is twin spot lionfish, however pics/video he sent me I cant fin another lion like that.

1762409949487.jpeg



My tank is semi aggressive (red toothed trigger, lunaire wrasse (juvenile) 3 perc clowns, yellow dottyback and starry blenny) and all fish are 3+ inches. With that said none of them are fed live food like lion would have to, so trying to figure out if it is something I should even consider or not

Thanks for the help
 
I think I found my own answer. Looks to be Fu Manchu Lion. Read more on them now and not worth it. Hard to keep alive and require live food to survive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new