Lionfish lair

kodama16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys do you know if Lionfish Lair is still active? I don’t see any new updates on the Facebook page or website. Didn’t know if he was still active here.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a she and I have not seen her active for awhile.

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how dangerous lionfish sting would be to a cat? I have a Savannah "kitten," (she's already 12 lbs) that I have a feeling will jump into the tank at least once or twice, before she learns. Even with a cover, I think she may get in there.

I was considering getting a Radiata for the tank, but it may not be worth the risk. I asked my vet, but she was fairly stumped; said she would look into it more. There's nothing I can find online either.

I know that it's probably a silly question, thought I'd throw it out there though.

OP
OP
kodama16

kodama16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no clue for cats but I know dogs have more resistance to it than humans.

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how dangerous lionfish sting would be to a cat? I have a Savannah "kitten," (she's already 12 lbs) that I have a feeling will jump into the tank at least once or twice, before she learns. Even with a cover, I think she may get in there.

I was considering getting a Radiata for the tank, but it may not be worth the risk. I asked my vet, but she was fairly stumped; said she would look into it more. There's nothing I can find online either.

I know that it's probably a silly question, thought I'd throw it out there though.
What strain of Savannah? F1, 2, etc..?
You should start a thread about that beauty and tag me in it! Have been on the fence about one when something eventually happens to the pooch (Hopefully never! cause ill never find a better dog)
Would love to follow some progression on one and how you handle training and such.

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I'm reading Benadryl is a good starting point for the Lionfish sting, and cats can have Benadryl. It would at least buy you time until you can get her to a vet and would reduce any swelling. Its what is recommended for scorpion stings, bee stings, and other venom that cats run into. I would keep some on hand along with the Benadryl dosing amounts for various weights of cats. Those Savannah's get huge, congrats on your kitty! Maybe shut the cat out of that room when you can't be home to watch it, if that's an option.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back