Lionfish not eating

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is doing the same behavior when it does for a week when it was new. It begs but when i offer, run away. I hv tried silversides too but it is not taking interest. It chases mollies but when it misses it's targets, it return to rest. Can i feed it some blue demsels which r in my other tank? They r there from months. I want to feed them coz some mollies starts to die within 15 min but demsel will give it a plenty of time.

As long as you have deemed the damsels disease free. Mollies really should live longer, they can fully acclimate to full salt water.

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update- Nightmare has ended. It is fine now and actually it hunger has grown now after those demsels gave it a run. For now i will avoid dead food and feed only live food like before.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update- Nightmare has ended. It is fine now and actually it hunger has grown now after those demsels gave it a run. For now i will avoid dead food and feed only live food like before.

Have you read my thread on dead foods. Live food is obvious going to the best, as long as you have a clean source and/or are raising your own.

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you read my thread on dead foods. Live food is obvious going to the best, as long as you have a clean source and/or are raising your own.
Thank u so much, It is eating well again and i may not go back to dead food. Yes i hv read your thread before keeping this lion but i didn't fed it too much dead food but now i will avoid feeding it dead food now

I had a question that 6 mollies be ok for a 5 inch one? It doesn't matter now i how many i feed it but it's just going after them and hanging there whole day so just wanna know if i am feeding in right quantity?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank u so much, It is eating well again and i may not go back to dead food. Yes i hv read your thread before keeping this lion but i didn't fed it too much dead food but now i will avoid feeding it dead food now

I had a question that 6 mollies be ok for a 5 inch one? It doesn't matter now i how many i feed it but it's just going after them and hanging there whole day so just wanna know if i am feeding in right quantity?

While I've always suggested managing the amount they eat by supplying on demand, as long as they are not too large it should be safe. Over eating usually occurs when the items are too large, otherwise they do tend to regulate themselves. Determining the right amount has to do with the size of the lion and the size of the food. A nice little bulge in the stomach after a meal is good, but not so large it seems uncomfortable for them to move.

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I've always suggested managing the amount they eat by supplying on demand, as long as they are not too large it should be safe. Over eating usually occurs when the items are too large, otherwise they do tend to regulate themselves. Determining the right amount has to do with the size of the lion and the size of the food. A nice little bulge in the stomach after a meal is good, but not so large it seems uncomfortable for them to move.
Oo thx then i may be feeding ok for now

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back