Lionfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saiyuki
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Saiyuki

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am definitely new to all of this so I really need some input. I received a lionfish from someone as I was starting my tank. He seems really health and loves to swim around the tank. His colors are good and he eats only shrimp pieces 3 times a day. The thing that I am questioning is: I have 2 bridges setup up of live rock and he loves to go underneath one of the bridges and hang upside down. :neutral: Sometimes he sit horizontal, vertical, and upside down too. I am just wondering if that is normal behavior for a lionfish? Please let me know. Thank you :smile:
 
Thats fairly normal behavior for lionfish. 3x a day feeding might be a little much tho, i think you are supposed to feed them like 3x weekly.
 
Yeah agree with above, they sleep upside down naturally I believe, and they dont really need to eat that much at all.
 
This is natural behaviour for a lion... no worries!

Feeding regime depends on the size of the lion... if its a baby (dwarf or not) it should be fed daily. I'd recommend feeding adults every-other day by means of gorging... feed them a lot (at once) on the day that you feed. Make sure during every feeding the belly is very plump, and you'll be A-OK!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new