Liquid food for gut loading brine shrimps

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm currently feeding my cardinal (he doesn't likes anything besides brine shrimp) with brine shrimp so I have to do the whole process (bleach, wait for two days to decapsulate them and so on).

Some people decapsulate brine shrimp every two days because brine shrimp with yolk sac are more nutritious, I agree but I find out that gut loading brine shrimps can have a lot of nutrition value and can save you from doing the decapsulation process every two days so instead you can use it for a few days.

But when that I was trying to gut load them using pellets and flakes the water gets crappy so I've read that you have to blend it and the problem blending the food is that it becomes tedious over time so that's why i would like to know if is possible to do a water mix (blend the pellets and flakes and freeze or froze it and then add a few amounts every day so I don't have to blend the food all days.

Another option could be to buy liquid food but I haven't heard of it.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can feed our liquid suspension, phytoplankton blend to brine shrimp. I recommend our SDaquarist. It is a blend of algae that many of our public aquarium customers use to grow out and enrich brine shrimp. Here is the product page: https://reefnutrition.com/product_sdaquarist.php

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Chad

OP
OP
E

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can feed our liquid suspension, phytoplankton blend to brine shrimp. I recommend our SDaquarist. It is a blend of algae that many of our public aquarium customers use to grow out and enrich brine shrimp. Here is the product page: https://reefnutrition.com/product_sdaquarist.php

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Chad
Thanks but unfortunately i don't live in the states, so buying and shipping it to my country gets prohibitive expensive because of the package and also because it must be shipped overnight.

I tried your products and they are nice, they pods for example.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks but unfortunately i don't live in the states, so buying and shipping it to my country gets prohibitive expensive because of the package and also because it must be shipped overnight.

I tried your products and they are nice, they pods for example.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm happy to hear you have experience with our products. What country do you live in?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back