Little bug

dillon lif

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I was re arranging my coral and I found a little black bug in my saltwater tank. I have absolutely no idea what it is and there appeared to be only one. 5B7B6816-592F-4946-AC76-1C3CE5985DFF.jpeg

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell from the photo provided, but I have a few guesses:
It's a bit hard to tell from the pictures, but it almost looks like an Idoteid isopod. These are very rare in the trade and appear to be herbivores, however, I had (and probably still have) some that nibbled at my manatee grass. These isopods are also common on floating seaweed here on the California coast, usually referred to as kelp isopods (shake some Sargassum in a water-filled container to release the isopod storm).
1657428971999.png

Wanderin' Weeta (With Waterfowl and Weeds): Pickle bug' Weeta (With Waterfowl and Weeds): Pickle bug

46D77844-712E-4CAA-8FA6-0D431747F284_1_105_c.jpeg
The bug might also simply be a terrestrial insect that accidentally fell in your system and sank to the bottom (this has occurred with stinkbugs on other threads).

OP
OP
D

dillon lif

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell from the photo provided, but I have a few guesses:

The bug might also simply be a terrestrial insect that accidentally fell in your system and sank to the bottom (this has occurred with stinkbugs on other threads).
Yeah it doesn’t look anything like that it did look like something I have seen before on land and today was the first day I have seen one. I’ll update if I see anymore but hopefully it’s nothing harmful

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 118 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back