Little "bugs" on emerald crab

CallMeLloyd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2022
Messages
192
Reaction score
57
Location
Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an emerald crab from a LFS yesterday and just noticed little "bugs" crawling on him. What are these things?

See video

 
Okay awesome, thank you. Yeah I was reading other posts and some people were saying to take it back and others were saying that they are fine and nothing to worry about.
 
+1 pods, funny I never thought about the possible symbiotic relationship of pods and other crustaceans until now. I imagine they're cleaning out tiny microscopic detritus in his crevices. I wonder if it's an intentional thing, or maybe just happenstance. And if this happens with other crustaceans in our tanks.
 
I suspect these might be tisbe pods which are bottom substrate dwellers. It's possible they are cleaning detritus from him or he's just in the way of where they want to go. :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new