Little help finding a tank

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with the wealth of knowledge here, I thought I’d ask around. So my plan is to do an in wall reef tank, something like this....
209FFEE2-B355-4DDF-BC21-210AB96C5ABD.jpeg

On this wall in my home...
EE5014CB-E624-4B7A-996E-B59532A3EE88.jpeg

I have about 56” to work with so a 48” wide tank would work well. Looking for some help on people that have purchased tanks in store, or online. I want at least the front glass to be low iron glass. Anyone with suggestions is greatly appreciated.

smalltown reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an in wall tank(see attached pics). Love it. Things to think about. How much rock will you have? I have a lot. This makes it really hard to get to the front glass to scrape. Dont skimp on the structure. I used 2x6 joists. Paint or limo tint the back of tank. If not you will see all the uglyness through it. Get a drilled tank and sump. Any mechanics (overflow boxes, anything hang on) will be in your way when you are trying to work in the tank. Those are the only disadvantages I have with mine.
The pros out weigh them pretty easily. Everything is hidden! You don't need to spend extra $$ on fancy lighting hangers. Cord management can slack a bit until you are sure where everything actually works and gets plugged into. And, it is kind of a permanent fixture in your home. Kinda forces the up-keep. Because its easier to up-keep than build a new wall[emoji1].
Good luck!
20180328_105615.jpeg
20180328_105633.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 60 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back