Little white swirls

Nardi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody know what these are? I don't believe they're snail eggs as they aren't too clustered. They seem to be growing only in shaded areas.
1000007757.jpg
1000007758.jpg
1000007759.jpg

sushi_and_sashimi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these all over my quarantine tank and am hoping I can scrap them from the shells of my snails with a dental pick and sand paper. I do not want these in my tank. It came in on an emerald crab I ordered from Live Aquaria and was so bad it wasn't able to molt and eventually died. At least I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I tried so hard to fatten him up with bits of fish etc., to get it to molt but no dice. (4 months)

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these all over my quarantine tank and am hoping I can scrap them from the shells of my snails with a dental pick and sand paper. I do not want these in my tank. It came in on an emerald crab I ordered from Live Aquaria and was so bad it wasn't able to molt and eventually died. At least I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I tried so hard to fatten him up with bits of fish etc., to get it to molt but no dice. (4 months)
I doubt that's why the crab died

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Highly unlikely that they caused the death of your crab. They're completely harmless, sometimes crabs will just have a bad molt.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you may be right but it was completely encrusted in them. You could see a bit of green on it's legs but that's it. It wasn't a bad molt there was no molt.
I never said bad molt.
But having stuff on the shell won't kill a crab or interfere with molting. Probably just an old crab.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back