Live Aquaria - Leather Corals

msujohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to add 4 or 5 basic (nothing fancy) branching/Finger type leather corals - that have different color's. It seems like most online shops don't carry a large variety and the ones that do are fairly expensive to ship. I looked at Live Aquaria and a decent amount. Any issues with getting these types of coral of Live Aquaria? Aqua Corals has alot of these types of coral as well - but the shipping costs will kill me. Any other online vendors that I should consider?

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues with shipping soft corals they are very forgiving. That said I like to use only Diver’s Den from Live Aquaria because I’ve tried to order from their non WYSIWYG and don’t get exactly what’s described.

38bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with basic leather corals is that there are not many different colors to start with. Pretty much just brown, pink, green and maybe (if your lucky) a yellow. Divers Den or some other vendor that has WYSIWYG is the only way you can pick different colors if ordering online.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA is alright for getting the basics. If you're looking for something more colorful I recommend elsewhere (or divers den). I have had success with some nice varieties from both Unique Corals & Marine Farmers.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back