• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Live Aquaria now charging box charge.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

The_Harris_co

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one one a $300 order. But it seemed like it was for coral only not the snails. I feel like when I removed the snails the box fee was still on there

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started ordering from LA recently.
I always get at least $149.00 worth to get the free shipping.
I just got a email "in stock" notification from them telling me the fish I wanted is now available.
I went and ordered, got the free shipping, but now there was a $9.99 box charge I have never been charged before. I don't know if this is new, or I just didn't get charge on my previous orders.
Does anyone know if this is new?
that one reason I don't buy anymore from LA. It keeps getting higher. I know they have to keep the lights on but dang. And I have bought alot from them in the past.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this out too last night when I ordered an Ornate leopard wrasse from them. It also popped up as in stock, and when I went to get it, I swear it used to be 99 dollars+ for free shipping and no box charge. Sucker ended up costing me 94 dollars(with shipping and box fee) I haven't bought fish online in a year or so, but LA has changed a bit. Haven't contacted CS since my order is do tomorrow, and hopefully i wont have to since it will come alive i hope <3 lol.
I also don't remember them having a clause on their "expert fish" living past the DOA time period which i saw this time, could have been there before though.(gonna go look if that changed now too and see how many hours for DOA)

EDIT: Found it. A full day isn't too bad I guess. Better then a few hours. "Live Arrival Guarantee (Expert Only aquatic life) - If your aquatic life does not arrive alive upon delivery, please contact us within the same day of delivery to qualify for your Live Arrival Guarantee. "

Last edited:

SplitBumper-70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They prices have gone way up. In some cases 50% then I can buy them for local. Yes you a 14 live guarantee but you are paying for it

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly with the ridiculous prices and the box charge, I find myself not being able to convince myself to shop there - even if they have something nowhere else has! It's just ridiculous that the subtotal increases so drastically with "free shipping" especially when all the prices are much higher than other vendors out there!

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont forget that 14 day guarnetee is only valid if you can get a picture of the fish on a white background. If the fish disappears like most fish do in a reef. No fishy no refundy.. lol

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back