Live rock and dry rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter marciomrqz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

marciomrqz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2014
Messages
44
Reaction score
3
Location
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon everyone,

I am slightly new to the forum. Been into reefing for a total of 2 years. My new tank is about 10 months old primarily with just rock in it. (few pieces of zoas and hammer coal. My plan is to start a new tank very shortly and move the live rock into my new tank. Before I do this I wanted to take it all out and clean it up. I hear about curing rock and bleaching rock and all sorts of things. Bleach, acid, etc... So many different methods and I'm confused as to what I need to do.

My plan,

Remove all my rock and start over for my new tank.
Also have a tote full of rock I bought off a friend that I also want to clean up. I'd love opinions and some help in doing this since I cannot find a clear method to do this. Any help is appreciated. And I apologize if this question has been answered in a previous thread.

Marcio.
 
I'd do bleach 10% solution then cure/cook it for a while to clean anything out of the rock. There are a ton of guides on this. Also this is time consuming and will not happen overnight.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new