Live rock in 55 gallon

iloveswfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
344
Reaction score
13
Location
connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much live rock should you have in a 55 gallon?

I was thinking about re-scraping my 55, I know it is hard to scape a 55 but I don't want a wall of rock which is what I have now with corals..

Has anyone have any advise on scaping
 
Rock scaping is all in the eye of the tank holder. Theres no right or wrong way to do it.
You should have at least 55lbs of rock in the tank, unless you have a sizeable sump to put some in there.
If your going with a Reef Tank, then you'd need to be going with 100lbs of rock. Again, this all depends on your equipment, if you have a monster skimmer, a monster fuge/sump, you can lesson the amount. Remember, the rock is your biological filter, the more you have, the better off you are.
 
I have had my tank for 5yrs and also have corals the issue is I would like to get rid of some of the rock too make more room in the front for more corals. And so it doesn't look like a wall of rock
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new