Live Rock Placement. Center or Wall

  • Thread starter Thread starter waverider
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

waverider

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2020
Messages
211
Reaction score
240
Location
Mooresville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the habit of placing my live rock structures in the center of the tank so that water can flow around behind. Yet I have seen some amazing reefs where the rock is stacked up against the back of the tank. Such design lends to taller rock walls. But is it worth the loss of flow? Just pondering adding more rock to my reef and ive run out of space unless I start stacking Rock up the back.
 
I wouldn’t worry about rock placement but if you’re worried about flow, find a system that works for your tank: gyres, powerheads, random flow generators.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new