Live Rock

niebz77

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2024
Messages
52
Reaction score
23
Location
east coast
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently did a re scape and was left with a few pieces of rock that I didn’t want in the tank anymore. They are seeded and cycled. I plan to get a larger tank soon and would have like to use them. Unfortunately I was forced to throw them out because my wife freaked out from the smell of them. So this question is obviously for future reference. I had them in a 5 gallon bucket with just some tank water is that ok or did I need to do more for them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
 
If you wanted to keep them a short time, then saltwater in a bucket with a powerhead and a heater and a weekly pinch of flake food.

If you want to store them a long time, then I would bleach them in bleach water with a powerhead for a few days, then rinse in tap for a few days and I like to do a rodi rinse for a last few days. Then you can store them dry until you need them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new