Live Rock

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES! Looking forward to taking possession tomorrow and getting my tank started :)

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 5.57.53 PM.png

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. How many weeks did it take to ship? I ordered a few weeks ago and I know Richard is having difficulty finding days to dive for rock. Luckily I decided to order early and my tank is not scheduled for delivery for another couple weeks.

OP
OP
shanedag

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me right around 4 weeks. Richard was very up front though about the delays due to weather.

OP
OP
shanedag

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they call or email when they were preparing to ship?
I got an email from Deb a few days before to have me pick the day. Then she emailed me this morning to let me know it was being dropped off. Then she emailed me tracking information again once it was dropped off.

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an email from Deb a few days before to have me pick the day. Then she emailed me this morning to let me know it was being dropped off. Then she emailed me tracking information again once it was dropped off.
Great. Thanks, I wasn't sure exactly how it worked. Post some pics if you can!

OP
OP
shanedag

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up the rock and sand today. I’ll post here the thoughts I sent to Richard and Deb just now. Will follow up with some pictures of the shipment, then the tank later once the water clears.

Hi Both,

I just picked up my rock and sand today. I don’t know what to say except....HOLY CRAP!!!!

I had high expectations already based on what I had read, but you guys blew those out of the water. First, kudos to you for the packing....I’m not sure I‘ve ever received anything packed so well and with so much care. Thank you!!!!

Second, I have no words for how over joyed I am with the amount of life in this shipment. My wife and kids haven’t been too interested in the new tank to date. Today that all changed. They took over inspecting the boxes for life. At one point, my wife asked me how much it costs to get “surprise boxes” like this because she wants more! She equated it to going to the tide pools. It was really something to see them so excited.

Rock and sand is in the tank and filtering now. I’ll be in touch once cycle completes.

Sorry for the long winded email, but wanted you to know you knocked it out of the park and made our day

OP
OP
shanedag

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a difference this live rock makes. I posted on here in a separate thread a week or so ago about some concern with my water appearing super cloudy white. When I went to bed last night, it was still pretty cloudy looking. This morning, the water is almost crystal clear!

Also we are glued to the tank watching the life. This morning, my wife was in awe as she sat watching what she called “little fans” popping out of the rock and grabbing things from the water.

I’ll share some photos in a bit. Now that I can see in the tank, I need to do some aquascaping.

OP
OP
shanedag

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know that I'm entirely satisfied yet with the aquascaping...definitely not an area of strength, but here's what I have so far. Also need to see what I get in second shipment when the rest of my rock comes in before I really finalize things. Critiques welcome

Also couple of sponges included.

IMG_4689.jpg IMG_4688.jpg IMG_4684.jpg

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back