Live sand and pests?

Joe Batt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
495
Reaction score
284
Location
Dubai
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am shortly doing a restart on a tank, using dry rocks to try and start out as pest free as possible.

I was looking at the RedSea live vs dry sand and my question is, is live sand pest free, or similar to live rock in that it can harbour nasties (ie aptasia spores etc) ?
 
No I’ve never seen a single bad hitchhiker in caribsea arrive alive type, am having to generalize since I haven’t used your brand. Once, someone had a fishhook in their bag lol but that’s nbd and rare contamination.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new