Live sponge as food for Angels

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
373
Reaction score
92
Location
Union Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on using more fresh food for my fish. I am getting ready to add some Emperor Angels to my tank and would like to provide them with fresh sponge to eat. I know I can get frozen angel formula with sponge.
What would be the best sponge to use? I would love to have a sponge that I can grow in my sump/refugium and cut from it to use at food.

Sugguestions?
 
I don't know how realistic or attainable this is. Pineapple sponges just appear I don't know that anyone understands how to cultivate them. I don't think they grow as fast as say macroalgaes but I could certainly be wrong.

I do hope someone does prove me wrong so I too can grow them! I just sort of find them behind rocks in areas out of direct light over time.

These pineapple sponge are great for difficult angels that do not accept prepared foods. I used them with a very difficult regal angel to buy me time before it starved. She readily are pineapple sponges in the interim.
 
I just found a bunch of pineapple sponges in my sump and thought about feeding them to my flame angel. Should I keep them submerged in water when I move it to my DT or just pick it out and drop it in since it's about to become food?
 
I just found a bunch of pineapple sponges in my sump and thought about feeding them to my flame angel. Should I keep them submerged in water when I move it to my DT or just pick it out and drop it in since it's about to become food?
They'll pick it off the rocks if they want it. They should enjoy that as its their natural behavior, IMO
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new