Live Stock ?

FLuSHToWnReeFeRNY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is LIVEAquaria recommend or reliable for my first purchase I don't feel confident about my local fish stores or can anyone recommend a good website for Domino or Midnight Clownfish??

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed with @Orion1885.

Looks like they have both dominos and midnights on the website atm:

I'd suggest emailing Holly at [email protected] to check what sizes they may have in stock though, coz sometimes they website does not fully reflect their stock.

I would not suggest LiveAquaria. So far my live stock purchases with them had been very hit or miss, though more misses than hits. My clowns arrived breathing heavily and could not survive. To be fair they do have a guarantee program and have been good at issuing credit on the deaths. However, you probably don't want to deal with the deaths in the first place, nor having to reorder live stock, so yeah, I would not recommend LiveAquaria.

Upvote 0

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will go against the grain.. Never had an issue with LA and they have a clearly defined guarantee for store credit. I think a large amount of issues come from the shipping company. I will likely continue to use them but other vendors are available and will typically "work" harder at ensuring the fish get to you healthy and not decomposing.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
FLuSHToWnReeFeRNY

FLuSHToWnReeFeRNY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed with @Orion1885.

Looks like they have both dominos and midnights on the website atm:

I'd suggest emailing Holly at [email protected] to check what sizes they may have in stock though, coz sometimes they website does not fully reflect their stock.

I would not suggest LiveAquaria. So far my live stock purchases with them had been very hit or miss, though more misses than hits. My clowns arrived breathing heavily and could not survive. To be fair they do have a guarantee program and have been good at issuing credit on the deaths. However, you probably don't want to deal with the deaths in the first place, nor having to reorder live stock, so yeah, I would not recommend LiveAquaria.
Thanks!! this is really helpful, Also with LA I've been on the email list for like 3 weeks for both the Domino and Midnight . Cultivatedreef definitely seems affordable as well with is a plus.

Upvote 0

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!! this is really helpful, Also with LA I've been on the email list for like 3 weeks for both the Domino and Midnight . Cultivatedreef definitely seems affordable as well with is a plus.
Yeah, they defo had quite a few clown species that I could not find on the LA website. Give them a go and see how it goes (email them first if you want to doublecheck).

Upvote 0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back