*** Live with Reef2Reef Video Series? We need your ideas! ***

Jash1k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience i believe the everyday management of the tank is the hardest part of being an aquarist. Even coral placement in a tank. How to set up and test using the latest and greatest equipment. Automation and syncing pumps.

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fully admit that this might be buried in the 23 pages of posting so please forgive me if that is the case but I would love to see proven advice on how to do substantial cleaning and resets of long-term tanks. For example, how would you best manage changing/removing sandbeds in many years old tanks. How would you successfully manage to remove and change aqusacaping without disrupting tank parameters, how can you change plumbing structures without damaging integrity, etc...
Nothing specific but so many of us are forced to do entire resets instead of having a good roadmap to revamping what we already own.
Just a thought... Cheers.

myinvalidname

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video about coral health, growth, fragging. What is normal behavior of various types of corals with video or pictures of examples. For example LPS head splitting, or Micromussa polyps translucent, optimizing zoa placement, SPS polyp extension and how long to wait to move corals

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under gravel filters.

OK, Laugh. :p

DukeLeto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef2Reefers!! So we've been kicking around the idea of starting a video series where we discuss different reef topics hosted by Rev himself!

We've got some really cool ideas already brewing on this. This could be anything from interviews with industry experts, topic discussions, the SKY'S THE LIMIT! ...who knows...maybe we'll even see Rev's 400g tank in there at some point (He has a build thread he sometimes visits...) or even Leroy, the R2R mascot!

2.JPG

3.JPG

...but we're wondering...

What are some things you guys would like to see us talk about? Give us some topic ideas!

1.jpg

And, what should we call it?​
Nano build reef series no sand maybe call it bare bottomed baby tank

chk4tix

Algae farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably would never happen, but I would like to see some videos on best practices when having to move a tank, either for upgrading to a bigger tank or moving to a new home or even a completely different state.

Superfizzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A video series where you look at struggling corals and what they look like, how to identify results of too much light, high nutrients, mineral deficiencies, would be super helpful for newcomers to the hobby. I can't tell you how many times I've just gotten frustrated and wanted to give up and the massive amount of differing opinions and info you can find while researching

madatom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure many reefers upgrade equipment throughout the lifetime of a tank. I think it’s be really cool for people to post their before/after/after 3 mos pics and note the equipment change. Or maybe even a settings change.

It’d be great to learn and also help equipment selection in the future.

\Clownfish/

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love a video or thread of professionals and hobbies talking about reef and fish keeping.

Daveyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. An in depth discussion of sump design (which section come first / last) etc.
  2. Specific thread for specific type of coral

Mcdy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being New in this hobby and already 4k invested my next step will be doing using the Apex. When you walk into dosing there are MANY things people recommend and it is very confusing. Narrowing DOSing down to the necessities would be awesome. I love the other ideas also.

Discuss lighting schedules for the A360x Tuna Blue's.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see members’ setups and interviews. Like a reef of the week or month. I want to see people’s routines. How they care for their reef.

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best practices for equipment cleaning/maintenance. What really should be done routinely (and how often) to keep things running smoothly.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back