• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

liveaquaria neautral review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Spardas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This review is for liveaquaria.com in recent years since Petco took over.

I've been ordering for liveaquaria for over 10 years and I have to say it has gone downhill since Petco took over. The changes to policies like adding box charges or store credit only didn't do them any favor for points.

I've made numerous orders this year for both livestock, frozen, and dry goods. Dry goods all arrived fine but the same can't be said for livestock or frozen. I've had the wrong fish size sent to me, sick fish with lymphocytosis (from Diver Den), and wrong frozen food sent.

All issues were resolved with the customer support so I would still order from them but the quality control prior to sending out fishes or goods have gone down.

The bottom line and cost savings from a corporate perspective is diametrically opposed to customer service. This is just a fact that I accept but the continuous degradation of overall services and lack of QC is worrisome.

Liveaquaria used to be my go to store, especially Diver's Den; but no more. With the abundance of online vendors out there, I have so many other choices and can take my business elsewhere. What once was a great company is now just a better version of Petco.

Communication: Customer service team do reply on time. (5/5)
Packing and shipping: No issues with packaging or shipment. Delays are always the fault of UPS. (5/5)
Live Specimen/Frozen food/dry product: (2/5); (4/5); (5/5) respectively

I truly hope that liveaquaria focus more on quality control. I will still do business with them, just not as much as I used to.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've been ordering for liveaquaria for over 10 years and I have to say it has gone downhill since Petco took over. The changes to policies like adding box charges or store credit only didn't do them any favor for points.

I've made numerous orders this year for both livestock, frozen, and dry goods. Dry goods all arrived fine but the same can't be said for livestock or frozen. I've had the wrong fish size sent to me, sick fish with lymphocytosis (from Diver Den), and wrong frozen food sent.

All issues were resolved with the customer support so I would still order from them but the quality control prior to sending out fishes or goods have gone down.

The bottom line and cost savings from a corporate perspective is diametrically opposed to customer service. This is just a fact that I accept but the continuous degradation of overall services and lack of QC is worrisome.

Liveaquaria used to be my go to store, especially Diver's Den; but no more. With the abundance of online vendors out there, I have so many other choices and can take my business elsewhere. What once was a great company is now just a better version of Petco.

Packing and shipping: No issues with packaging or shipment. Delays are always the fault of UPS. (5/5)

I truly hope that liveaquaria focus more on quality control. I will still do business with them, just not as much as I used to.
We appreciate the feedback. If you have any further questions or concerns please call one of our agents at 1-800-334-3699. Thank you.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Spardas sorry to bring up an old thread but I 100% agree. I recently asked if they could send me a picture of a $300 clam before I purchased it. 1” clams are already risky and I wanted to know it wouldn’t be plain brown for $300. This is the response I got. Needless to say I will not be taking the chance on this one.
54F88E0F-CF89-4CFE-89D5-02ABBD3472FB.jpeg

Wescalland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also not been as impressed with liveaquaria. I recently got back in the hobby and had ordered from liveaquaria many times over the past 10 years, but not in the last 2-3.

I was very surprised to have a tank raised clownfish arrive dead, in very cold water. Also ordered some chaeto, and it arrived with some white dead pieces, also some dead worms in it... not sure if this is normal as I have never ordered chaeto before.

Also got some acans and am underwhelmed by what I received. Small recently cut frags of normal colors I could have paid half as much for at any LFS.

So, the edge they had perhaps is no more... bummer....

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Wescalland--We are sorry to hear of your loss and overall disappointment with your recent order. Please PM us with your order information, so we are able to look into your situation to resolve your concerns-- Thank you for bringing this to our attention and have a good day!
Live Aquaria Support Center

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back