liveaquaria salinity shipping

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2017
Messages
1,724
Reaction score
1,357
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi what salinity does Liveaquaria DD generally ship at? Thanks
 
Hi what salinity does Liveaquaria DD generally ship at? Thanks
It likely varies. I would give them a call and confirm the salinity from them
 
Divers' Den is supposed to be higher, closer to the 1.025 where we keep our reefs
 
LA has always been 1.017-1.018 for me, DD always 1.025. I keep my QT at 1.017 and gradually increase salinity over the course of QT to get it to 1.026. If I order from DD I raise it before shipment arrives.
 
Nominally 1.018 (DD is 1.025).
 
LA has always been 1.017-1.018 for me, DD always 1.025. I keep my QT at 1.017 and gradually increase salinity over the course of QT to get it to 1.026. If I order from DD I raise it before shipment arrives.
Agree, and also what I do.
what if you order from DD and LA? :p
Separate QT tanks!
If you HAD to put them all in the same tank, then you have to go with the lower salinity. Going down is easy; it's going up that's tough on fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new