• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Liveaquaria unacceptable practice

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can relate! Ordered a large marine betta and the day of shipment was notified it was out of stock. Found they did have a medium so ordered that instead. Didn’t realize they could still charge my paypal and a few weeks latter I ended up with two Marine Bettas. worked out well in the end because now I have a mated pair.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything described in this thread is the reason I always call in my order instead of online. I've had the 75% fulfilled order before with no notice. Just a email telling me my order has shipped. The thing is, by them not having my entire order in stock, meant my order no longer qualifed for the free shipping. They had the b@lls to add the shipping to my order. You can guess whst happened when I got my order. That's right, I got my card credited back for shipping, and they said if I wanted the unfilled order when they get it in, they wouldn't charge shipping. From that point on, I call my order in. They can tell you what they have available while your on the phone. At least it was like that before the recent change of ownership.

Is this for all the fish or just divers den? I wouldn't think they could do it for all the fish since they are drop shipping and that would mean they would need real time access to Quality Marines inventory system. That seems like it would be a nightmare from a security standpoint.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like such a lucky person right now! I order from them once every couple months. Normally CUC items and occasional DD coral (not since their prices have skyrocketed lately) but I’ve never had any real issue with the orders. Over the years I’ve had a fish look rough on delivery and not live, however they were always quick to issue a credit.
Dunno, but sorry y’all have had to deal with crappy service.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so disappointed with the service right now. Wanted a shrimp they have and build a whole order to get the free shipping. Kids are excited to get this new shrimp. Get a notification that the order is confirmed with the shrimp. Next day get the shipping info and notice the shrimp isn't on there. Hmmm, chat with customer service states their supplier didn't have it. So why would you send a "confirmation email" that it was in the order? Oh if the supplier doesn't have it but if they can fill 75 percent of the order than they ship it. Like you don't have communication with your suppliers? My fault for not readying the policy, yes I'll take some heat for it but why even have it? Then when I call to complain, or read the complaint on this form, all you do is apologize over and over again. Take some action and change your policies. I shouldn't have to make a note in my order that states 100 percent or cancel, it should be a common practice. Rant over
@Twocoralsonetank Thank you for your recent LiveAquaria order. We understand the frustration with the experience you are explaining. Availability has been challenging, no doubt! Efforts are continually being made to offer the sampling you and our other valued customers are wanting to add to your aquariums. We have some great suppliers that we communicate with several times each day--to ensure quality live stock shipments are prepared and timely shipments are processed. We appreciate the feedback and we will continue to strive to improve the overall customer experience. If you would still like to discuss your order, please send us a PM with your order details. Have a great weekend and stay safe!

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess not. They wanted list of all the fish in my tank and I suppose if I provided them this than they would lift the restriction. I just don't understand why they won't sell me salt.
I find that extremely odd you can’t even order dry goods.

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always ordered from WI with 100% success because any other form from any other company seems similar to what everyone is saying over the past number of years. Even more so that import restrictions have been over the moon these past 8mo.

OP
OP
T

Twocoralsonetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So making these even more frustrated, the BlennyI did receive with the order is completely missing his right pectoral fin. I noticed him not able to perch on the rocks correctly. It’s not damage, it’s just not there, like a birth defect? I’ll post a picture tomorrow.

Rrwilson1223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a few issues with LiveAquaria over the past year. First off, I bought 4 leopard Wrasse from them and had only 2 arrive alive. The other two died due to swim bladder issues days later. Which makes me wonder about their collection. Nonetheless, I was only reimbursed for the first 2. The 14 day policy doesn’t apply to “expert” level fish so they wouldn’t even talk about the swim bladder issues. I then ordered a net cover for my RedSea Reefer and the DIY kit showed up with an opened package and missing parts. They wouldn’t send a new one until they received the old one. The shipping was all standard so I didn’t get my lid for a month...

Finally bought 3 flasher wrasse using the money I got back from the original purchase... and they are doing fine. So I’m 1/3 with them.

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these horror stories about LiveAquaria!!! Years ago they were my absolute go to! If I couldn’t find a fish? LiveAquaria! If I couldn’t find a coral? LiveAquaria! Heck! If I had general reefing questions and wasn’t even planning to purchase anything! I could flat out tell the CS rep that and still get some opinions from them or even multiple from around the office! It was rare I had an issue! But on the off chance I did it was taken care of, ON THE SPOT! For instance! I normally ordered mainly from divers den but by chance they had a few things hit my instock alert all in the same day and they hadn’t been in DD for a while and I was done waiting. It was a larger order so I decided to take advantage of the free shipping and get a large Kole tang. Everyone came in as healthy as I’d hope but the Kole tang.... well, it wasn’t a baby, but it surely wasn’t a large! Gave them a call and expressed my concern about it going into a tank with a bunch of VERY large tangs. And in order to keep the fish I would only be comfortable setting up a new tank for him after QT. Without hesitation the CS rep. refunded the money for the tang in full before I could even ask what could be done and said “if you can send us pictures of the fish with something for size comparison and still want a large Kole tang for your reef, I will make sure you are sent a good sized one free of charge”. Now I’m thinking part of that could have been the fact that I was ready and willing to build a tank right then and there around this little guy. And he would get cared for just as any of my slimy babies do. But the CS rep was on top of taking care of me! And you know what? I took those pictures and sent them in and a week later I got what I can only assume was the biggest Yellow Eye Kole Tang available at the time. Every bit of 6 inches, thick and healthy! (Still did its stint in qt lol). Where is the customer service now @LiveAquaria? I want to start seeing threads of people praising you again! Not battering you! I want that go to back in my arsenal! I don’t want to see something on your sight and not have to second guess if I should pull the trigger. I never, ever, did that in the past! It was “wait! LiveAquaria has ___________, done deal! Ordered!”

OP
OP
T

Twocoralsonetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Twocoralsonetank Thank you for your recent LiveAquaria order. We understand the frustration with the experience you are explaining. Availability has been challenging, no doubt! Efforts are continually being made to offer the sampling you and our other valued customers are wanting to add to your aquariums. We have some great suppliers that we communicate with several times each day--to ensure quality live stock shipments are prepared and timely shipments are processed. We appreciate the feedback and we will continue to strive to improve the overall customer experience. If you would still like to discuss your order, please send us a PM with your order details. Have a great weekend and stay safe!

I don't think you understand the frustration of all the buyers responding to this post. I get the same response from your customer service. It's on you to control your suppliers, you can't pass blame on them. They are an extension of your company and represent your beliefs and values. If not, then I recommend finding a different supplier. Why is it when I go to BRS or the major suppliers I can see the number left in stock? Is it that hard to remove items after they are purchase or show no more in stock? It's 2020, it should easy to link stock with the website, heck you can notify us when stock is in stock but not when it's removed? Actions speak louder than words with the hobby. I wish your company the best and hope you can take actions that positively effect this hobby and customer relations.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you understand the frustration of all the buyers responding to this post. I get the same response from your customer service. It's on you to control your suppliers, you can't pass blame on them. They are an extension of your company and represent your beliefs and values. If not, then I recommend finding a different supplier. Why is it when I go to BRS or the major suppliers I can see the number left in stock? Is it that hard to remove items after they are purchase or show no more in stock? It's 2020, it should easy to link stock with the website, heck you can notify us when stock is in stock but not when it's removed? Actions speak louder than words with the hobby. I wish your company the best and hope you can take actions that positively effect this hobby and customer relations.
To play devil’s advocate, livestock is very different from buckets of salt. If you get 50 clowns in, but 12 are looking rough, should you list 38, or 50? And what if you say 1 is left in stock, but then it dies?

I’ve had my own frustrations with LiveAquaria, but they do seem to try to make it right when there is an issue.

OP
OP
T

Twocoralsonetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To play devil’s advocate, livestock is very different from buckets of salt. If you get 50 clowns in, but 12 are looking rough, should you list 38, or 50? And what if you say 1 is left in stock, but then it dies?

I’ve had my own frustrations with LiveAquaria, but they do seem to try to make it right when there is an issue.

If it dies you contact the owner and let them know and give the chance to change their order. If you can notify something is in stock, you can notify when something is not. I get there are some challenges with live stock, but you're an industry leader in online fish sale, you think you could over come this.

They push very hard against the 75 percent rule. They offer an apology and refer you to an info page that is cover behind a bunch of links. Like I am buying a fish but need to read the terms of service? I just want the fish.

OP
OP
T

Twocoralsonetank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blenny missing fin here

A5DF5B04-6BF6-493E-9FFB-29B38871D2AE.jpeg

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got banned.. I ordered two clams and then called up to change the order it was something like two high grade changed to two ultra. They confirmed the change and then sent me four clams and my PayPal credit auto denied the extra charge (thank you PayPal for having my back). The day the clams arrived I called to see why I received 4 and ensure I haven't been charged to find this all out. I have no issues paying for the ones I want but not the ones I didn't order so I'm banned untill I pay for all 4 which will not happen.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blenny missing fin here

A5DF5B04-6BF6-493E-9FFB-29B38871D2AE.jpeg

Poor little guy. At least youll have a fish most dont. He can be your "finding nemo", just with no fin :)
This is why im not a fan of using drop shippers. WYSIWYG items or LFS only for me. Hell at least have your own holding tanks LOL.

nemo.jpg

kpoj9

Reefin’ Ain’t Eazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for the heads up. I’m fed up with my LFS. I feel like they don’t care about keeping my business. I just placed an order with LA this morning. I’ve never done business with them before. I hope I don’t regret it. I don’t need another bad experience. I got into this hobby to reduce stress. This is suppose to be a fun...right?!

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so disappointed with the service right now. Wanted a shrimp they have and build a whole order to get the free shipping. Kids are excited to get this new shrimp. Get a notification that the order is confirmed with the shrimp. Next day get the shipping info and notice the shrimp isn't on there. Hmmm, chat with customer service states their supplier didn't have it. So why would you send a "confirmation email" that it was in the order? Oh if the supplier doesn't have it but if they can fill 75 percent of the order than they ship it. Like you don't have communication with your suppliers? My fault for not readying the policy, yes I'll take some heat for it but why even have it? Then when I call to complain, or read the complaint on this form, all you do is apologize over and over again. Take some action and change your policies. I shouldn't have to make a note in my order that states 100 percent or cancel, it should be a common practice. Rant over
Ordered my clown from them no heat pack in it. Water was at 66 when I got him. It was my first purchase and I was MORE than upset.

Thankfully he lived with a slow acclimation, but needless to say it was not a very endearing purchase for a first time reefer. After that I refuse to give them anything.
Also kind of made sense when I realized they were owned by petco at the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back