Liveaquaria

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently started ordering directly from a local small fish store I found in my area. They allow me to custom order anything their supplier has to offer. They even allow me to use them as quarantine for a small additional fee. I have been very satisfied with this route. I have had too many creatures arrive dead from online vendors, including an anemone that nuked my small tank.

Adirondackgold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an order last week. 5 fish. All good. The 2 btas still struggling. But all fish good. Imo, they take care of the customer. When I have a doa, or a fish that doesn't make it the 14 days (take pictures and put in freezer until resolved) they have always taken care of me. Same for frozen food that arrives thawed.

I have many orders with them, and will continue.

Craig77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received half of my order Friday from their Florida facility and all three fish looked great, however, I'm still waiting on two fish from their Wisconsin facility which were due to arrive Friday by noon and they are still stuck with FedEx in Indianapolis (been there since midnight Thursday evening and now its Sunday afternoon...). I have no experience ordering fish in the mail, but after my experience with FedEx, began looking into this further and came across this site which provides alerts and recommendations for fedex shipments of live animals (reptiles). Among other things, they suggest only shipping on Tuesday and Wednesday and specifically suggested not shipping last Thursday (01 April) because of known volume issues/delays with FedEx. Interestingly, I could not find any warnings along the same lines at either FedEx or LA websites. My experience is a singular one, but it sounds like priority shipping overnight with FedEx has been inconsistent and it looks like other vendors may have useful advice to guide those thinking of ordering from LA or other mail order vendors of live products.
https://shipyourreptiles.com/pages/critical-information

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back