Liverocknreef - has anyone bought fish from them??

d'oh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some primo deco rock via air cargo from gulfliverock and the air bill was from liverocknreef. Whatever... the rock was nice with tons of macro algae and other biodiversity.
I had more die off than I would have expected with cargo, but it traveled from Florida to California. Took about a week for everything to fully cycle.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you got it overnight not a lot of die off if you wait 2or 3 days it will have a lot of die off during shipping depends on want to want to spend. I didnt have no die off got it over night.
That is good you had a solid experience ordering liverock. At this point we are more interested to hear a fish/livestock order story as the shipping process is very different.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish prices are ridiculous… worse than LA.
I would happily pay extra to know the fish are actually taken care of.. Plus Liveaquaria has great prices - mind their awful QT process and bad customer service.
I ordered some primo deco rock via air cargo from gulfliverock and the air bill was from liverocknreef. Whatever... the rock was nice with tons of macro algae and other biodiversity.
I had more die off than I would have expected with cargo, but it traveled from Florida to California. Took about a week for everything to fully cycle.
Another good liverock shipment! They clearly have some good liverock.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would happily pay extra to know the fish are actually taken care of.. Plus Liveaquaria has great prices - mind their awful QT process and bad customer service.
I guess that I missed the post where someone said that they actually take care of their fish.

LIve Aquaria has NO ‘QT process’ , never has, fish are shipped direct from wholesalers. Divers Den fish are ‘observed’ for a short time before being sold, not true QT
Live Aquaria has great prices? IMO LA prices are way higher than most of the LFSs in my area. I wouldn’t even consider ordering from LA without at least a 20% off coupon, and preferably already reduced and on sale.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that I missed the post where someone said that they actually take care of their fish.

LIve Aquaria has NO ‘QT process’ , never has, fish are shipped direct from wholesalers. Divers Den fish are ‘observed’ for a short time before being sold, not true QT
Live Aquaria has great prices? IMO LA prices are way higher than most of the LFSs in my area. I wouldn’t even consider ordering from LA without at least a 20% off coupon, and preferably already reduced and on sale.
I am comparing them to other online vendors. They have some of the best prices. It is like the Walmart of online sales. I think the LFS have to be cheaper then the online stores or they will lose a lot of business.

Montagne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a hard time believing that Live Rock n Reef truly have all the species and sizes that are listed as available actually on hand and ready to ship. Prices aside, they claim to have better availability than LA or anyone else has managed post pandemic, so I had been hoping someone across the great wide internet could weigh in one way or another. Very odd not to hear about any fish orders at all.

12 species of eel on hand? 7 different sharks? Barracuda?

Seems fishy, would like to know what their model is before ordering.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a hard time believing that Live Rock n Reef truly have all the species and sizes that are listed as available actually on hand and ready to ship. Prices aside, they claim to have better availability than LA or anyone else has managed post pandemic, so I had been hoping someone across the great wide internet could weigh in one way or another. Very odd not to hear about any fish orders at all.

12 species of eel on hand? 7 different sharks? Barracuda?

Seems fishy, would like to know what their model is before ordering.
Yes I agree something seems off. And when a customer emails them asking about one of the fish in stock they do not answer.

Montagne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like about 50% of their FAQ pertains to not answering their emails or phone calls lol

Attachments

• 354B91B1-C748-4C45-BDDF-59A69C9A6956.jpeg
    354B91B1-C748-4C45-BDDF-59A69C9A6956.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 71

Daveb300

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did anyone order from this place and was satisfied with their service?

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They quote high then work with you on shipping. The website leaves a lot to be desired. I have not purchased fish from them but I do have 20 pounds of their premium rock and it is really nice. Full of life, macros, sponges, a gorg, several coral types all doing very well.
i was debating if i should buy live rock from them or not. did you order the cherry primo live rock?

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve dealt with them before. Liverock had a lot of die off, like a ton. To be expected when they refuse to ship in water. When I’ve inquired about shipping in water they were rude and unprofessional, to the point where I won’t be doing business with them again. They are definitely a legit business though.
dang

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was debating if i should buy live rock from them or not. did you order the cherry primo live rock?
Yes the cherry live rock was hood stuff. There are plenty of sponges and tunicates left, and a nice ribbon gorg that has survived and grown.

BrettBos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is old thread but for what its worth i got rock from here about 2 yrs ago, was really nice and the most loaded liverock i've seen in 25 yrs but downside was i did find 1 gorilla crab and most alarming was the parasitic isopod

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back