Livestock Addition Recommendation

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first post in a few months. Some misfortunes occurred with my 60 gallon at home but my office tank has been running along very smoothly.

My 40 gallon AIO Office tank (link in my signature) feels like it needs another inhabitant. If necessary, I'm prepared to make up a rock structure to put under my Oxydator in order to create some more hiding places. It's a mixed reef tank with the following inhabitants:

2 Percula Clownfish (bosses of the tank, mostly hang out in the back)
2 Black Sailfin Mollies (mostly mind their own business and have been less afraid of the clowns now that they've gotten bigger)
1 Red Firefish (he's a chicken but he's cute)

1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Awesome little dude! I'd be crushed if something I added to the tank killed him.)
1 Emerald Mithrax Crab (Absolute tank ... big freaking mithrax)
1 Tuxedo Urchin
1 Stomatella Snail (hitchiker, wish I had more)
Lots of Limpets
Vermatid Snails are beginning to spread. Might have to get some bumble bee snails.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think you could definitely add another fish into their if you want. And how are your nutrients looking like right now? I would just make sure nutrient wise your system can handle another fish. Just have to find the right one that you like. I would go with something that you could see throughout the day and doesnt get scared.

And I always add bumblebee snails just as a prevention of vermatid snails.

OP
OP
unchaotic

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think you could definitely add another fish into their if you want. And how are your nutrients looking like right now? I would just make sure nutrient wise your system can handle another fish. Just have to find the right one that you like. I would go with something that you could see throughout the day and doesnt get scared.

And I always add bumblebee snails just as a prevention of vermatid snails.
It's honestly been a bit since I did any parameter checks beyond alkalinity. The corals and my two chaeto towers in the back soak up nutrients pretty quickly.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back