Livestock for 20g BioCube

cwk84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally started cycling my 20g cube yesterday. Of course, I want to be prepared and gather as much information in advance to resist impulse purchases in the future. I made the mistake with my first tank but this time I'm going to tackle it the right way!

How many fish can I keep safely in a 20g cube and what kind? Most fish I like such as the Orchid Dottyback require a minimum of 30 gallons according to Liveaquaria but other websites say 10g. There's lots of conflicting information and many people keep them in even smaller tanks.

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally started cycling my 20g cube yesterday. Of course, I want to be prepared and gather as much information in advance to resist impulse purchases in the future. I made the mistake with my first tank but this time I'm going to tackle it the right way!

How many fish can I keep safely in a 20g cube and what kind? Most fish I like such as the Orchid Dottyback require a minimum of 30 gallons according to Liveaquaria but other websites say 10g. There's lots of conflicting information and many people keep them in even smaller tanks.

In my opinion a dottyback should be fine, I would never go over 3 fish in a 20.

timnem70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2" scopas tang a Clownfish and a Arc eyed Hawkfish in my 29. Thats enough. Especially if building a reef. All the stuff grows and outcompetes fish for swim space.
8f78df2d155ec50f20c3bcef306e3c11.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back