Livestock help

lololobster21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello! i have a 75g macroalgae display tank only a few fish currently a couple damsels, mcosker wrasse, clown, and diamond goby

im looking for a larger fish to add that wont destroy macro or soft corals, any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that anything that is primarily carnivorous but isn’t likely to eat your other fish should work, perhaps some kind of more mellow scorpionfish…

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had one, but a Lyretail Hawkfish (Cyprinocirrhites polyactis) may fit the bill. They can grow up to 5.5 inch and are carnivorous.
Pajama Cardinals are safe with macro but only get to be 3 inch
I am trying to grow macro and am not very successful. Which snails are safe with macro?

OP
OP
lololobster21

lololobster21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had one, but a Lyretail Hawkfish (Cyprinocirrhites polyactis) may fit the bill. They can grow up to 5.5 inch and are carnivorous.
Pajama Cardinals are safe with macro but only get to be 3 inch
I am trying to grow macro and am not very successful. Which snails are safe with macro?
i actually dont have any snails atm, "the planted aquarist" is a veteran on youtube for macro and has a macro safe CUC video, what are you dosing? also liveaquaria has some of those hawfish so that might be the next purchase.

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not dose as I do not have corals. All my red macro died. I finally have some caulerpa surviving now. My first batch of macro were eaten by some slugs and bristle warms.
I will check the planted aquarist thank you.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello! i have a 75g macroalgae display tank only a few fish currently a couple damsels, mcosker wrasse, clown, and diamond goby

im looking for a larger fish to add that wont destroy macro or soft corals, any suggestions appreciated, thanks.
Marine betta :)

OP
OP
lololobster21

lololobster21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not dose as I do not have corals. All my red macro died. I finally have some caulerpa surviving now. My first batch of macro were eaten by some slugs and bristle warms.
I will check the planted aquarist thank you.
that might be your issue, macro needs many micronutrients to stay alive and healthy. weekly chaetogro is a miracleworker

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine betta :)

This x1000

I kept one for years in my reef tank. She never bothered anything and would gulp pellets from the feeding ring. I wouldn't necessarily trust one with peppermint or pistol shrimp but one of the coolest fish I've ever had the pleasure of keeping.

I've considered trying another in my current reef.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back