Livestock transportation?

crbise65

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone at R2R I'm going to a frag swap this weekend, but it's about a 3.5 hour drive so I was thinking about throwing some water in a cooler or other vessel and hooking up an inverter to a heater. So I can keep what I'm selling and buying temperature controlled. anyone ever done this or something similar? Any other ideas?

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the weather is nice outside you don't really need anything. If it's cold or hot just put the bags in a cooler.

OP
OP
crbise65

crbise65

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as of tonight the weather will be in the mid to low 50s and I drive a jeep with no heat or ac.

Mtnbikedan01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drove from south Florida to north Georgia to buy a clam (there is a thread on here somewhere, I think the title was 1260mi drive for a clam or something like that). I used a plastic tote and built a box around it. I used a power inverter to run a filter and a heater. I really didn't use the heater at all, want needed.

Mtnbikedan01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked it up it was 1350mi drive for a clam. BTW I agree with everyone else, 3hrs bagged in a cooler they will be fine.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a 2 hour drive at 30° with bagged sps in my hoodie pockets. Like you I had no heat.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back