OP
OP
LMDAVE

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I continue making small changes to my tank. I can't just leave things alone like I know you should. Mainly I keep seeing certain clashes in placement of coral and their potential growth (if that ever happens). First picture I wanted to share was just the new canopy for the new light are being stained to match the rest. Second, I made some changes in the coral placement. The rather large yellow Fiji is becoming an umbrella to other parts of the tank that I bumped the small toadstool frag on the top right and gave the Fiji that location, it doesn't really affect anything else and opens up a lot more light for the bottom. The toadstool got bumped to the bottom left, that I hope can thrive now with the new lights that punch down a lot more PAR than my older lights. I cant say I really notice a difference over the first week of having the lights. Nothing really has changed, a some of my zoa patches are half open/half closed and wish I knew what was causing that.

light2.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

OP
OP
LMDAVE

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New purple acro frag up top, and grouped some of my favorite zoas on the bottom

137DC96D-761E-4059-AC37-FB74A4BCB215.jpeg

3BBE1E6D-B2A8-4023-8929-D85642345ACE.jpeg

Boosterman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, really nice tank you have there. I'm planning on purchasing the same tank as yours(used). The previous owner did not use protein skimmer and only used HOB filter for his setup but I'd like to use protein skimmer and upgrade the filter. Which filter are you using for your setup? Here's the link for the aquarium that I'm trying to buy. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marineland...530?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

OP
OP
LMDAVE

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I currently have a Seachum Tidal 55 HOB filter. In the filter basket I put Seachum Matrix (which came with the Filter) and a bag of Chemipure Elite, that and the Reef Octopus HOB protein skimmer seems to do fairly well.

Boosterman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I currently have a Seachum Tidal 55 HOB filter. In the filter basket I put Seachum Matrix (which came with the Filter) and a bag of Chemipure Elite, that and the Reef Octopus HOB protein skimmer seems to do fairly well.
Thanks. Glad to hear that HOB filter + HOB protein skimmer can work together in this tank.

OP
OP
LMDAVE

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank has since been upgraded to my 94 gal tank, but what’s left of this with me become a fish only and starfish tank.

I think the starfish is telling me to resurrect this tank
As he’s posing as the All Seeing Eye.

3A32DFAA-5088-43B2-A2C9-D7661B997FD1.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back