Lobster Tank Build!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ready for sand, rock, and water tomorrow! And no it won’t be staying on that stand I just put it there temporarily. I have to get a little table tomorrow! And then a reef lobster pretty soon! You know the best part is no weeks long cycle for me. I will be taking the media from my display and putting it in the lobster tank and adding some pods to the tank too.
5AA2E347-570B-453F-99A5-EDD4244BD8FC.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That purple reef lobster I think needs real live rock from the ocean.... Are you going to be ok with that? Are you going to get Gulf rock?
You probably won’t ever convince me to get real live rock. Sorry…not sorry. I like my purple rock fish store rock lol and I’m not spending hundreds on rock.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand having your mind made up about things like that even though I'm actually the complete opposite...I'd never start a tank without live rock haha...any reason in particular you're so opposed?

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can understand having your mind made up about things like that even though I'm actually the complete opposite...I'd never start a tank without live rock haha...any reason in particular you're so opposed?
Hitchhikers because it’s the good, the bad, and the ugly and you never know what you are going to get…plus you can have a thriving ecosystem without live ocean rock.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hitchhikers because it’s the good, the bad, and the ugly and you never know what you are going to get…plus you can have a thriving ecosystem without live ocean rock.
I'm really not trying to change your mind because like I said before I know you've already made your mind up but what hitchhikers are you specifically concerned about in a 5 gallon reef lobster only tank? And I'm not going to argue that there are plenty of successful tanks that started without live ocean rock, but you can't really argue with the biodiversity that's just not possible to recreate artificially which you get on live ocean rock...again, not trying to change your mind, just understand your reasoning

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want her to see the "magic" that happens... This would be the perfect tank for that..
Wait, is it ok have a side conversation about @AydenLincoln in her own post..? LOL
I mean, the feeling you get when one day something marvelous just shows up, Like a baby BatStar for instance... nothing can replace that...

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want her to see the "magic" that happens... This would be the perfect tank for that..
Wait, is it ok have a side conversation about @AydenLincoln in her own post..? LOL
I mean, the feeling you get when one day something marvelous just shows up, Like a baby BatStar for instance... nothing can replace that...
Or when feather duster s tart sprouting up out of nowhere...

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm really not trying to change your mind because like I said before I know you've already made your mind up but what hitchhikers are you specifically concerned about in a 5 gallon reef lobster only tank? And I'm not going to argue that there are plenty of successful tanks that started without live ocean rock, but you can't really argue with the biodiversity that's just not possible to recreate artificially which you get on live ocean rock...again, not trying to change your mind, just understand your reasoning
No I understand that. Worms, mantis shrimp, all the algae it comes with etc. I know the lobster would probably eat the worms though lol.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back