Lobster Tank Build!

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I understand that. Worms, mantis shrimp, all the algae it comes with etc. I know the lobster would probably eat the worms though lol.
Aside from coralline algae, I've never gotten any algae on my live ocean rock tbh and even if you were unlucky enough (you have to be pretty unlucky) to get a mantis shrimp it's easy to remove from a 5 gallon tank

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aside from coralline algae, I've never gotten any algae on my live ocean rock tbh and even if you were unlucky enough (you have to be pretty unlucky) to get a mantis shrimp it's easy to remove from a 5 gallon tank
True!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I built my little aquascape!
6370CF1F-E274-47A0-B977-BE43B58ABB6F.jpeg

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need actual live rock from the ocean to have a successful tank. In a lot of ways it's better to start off with dry rock because you know you're not introducing pests into your system, which can be the case with ocean rock. It's just not that big of a deal to start with dry rock anyways. Just my 2c.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want her to see the "magic" that happens... This would be the perfect tank for that..
Wait, is it ok have a side conversation about @AydenLincoln in her own post..? LOL
I mean, the feeling you get when one day something marvelous just shows up, Like a baby BatStar for instance... nothing can replace that...
I started my first tank 7 or so years ago with live rock from the coast of Puerto Rico. Family was out of town when it arrived and a decent sized brittle star came out when it was soaking. I was so excited I took pics of my baby octopus and sent them to everyone

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why is rock such a pain to glue together? I used two tubes of putty and it still would not hold. I have a new appreciation for interact aquascapes and now understand why they cost so much. And after scrubbing my hands for over an hour to get the super glue off with soap/acetone I decided to just glue two parts of it and not the top or branch. Next time I’m paying the fish store to do it for me I don’t care if it’s not a service I’ll still pay them to do it lol!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why is rock such a pain to glue together? I used two things of putty and it still would not hold. And after scrubbing my hands for over an hour to get the super glue off…I decided to just glue two part/ of it and not the top or branch. Next time I’m paying the fish store to do it for me I don’t care if it’s not a service I’ll still pay them to do it lol! It’s staying like this and ignore the wall lol I peeled something off and took some of the paint with it.
D9B919F2-6769-4775-8EA5-D5188EEA0E78.jpeg

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a whole lot of marcoalgae from someone I might add more later but for now it’s in my 20 gallon for nutrient export. I got a different light too but I need to find a clip or I think I might get one of those mini clip on plant growth lights. I also ghost fed it and probably added way too much fish food as a source of ammonia to try and keep the bacteria alive.
563DD58F-0971-4B18-8374-0940301347D6.jpeg

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to have that same tank from PetSmart!!! Such a great little tank. . . and cheap too!!!!!
I know that’s why I like it and can be put on anything. My biggest complaint is to why the filtration intake is on the bottom…I know it’s originally for freshwater but I honestly might end up using an HOB instead. Did you use it for saltwater or only fresh? I should probably get a different pump too I just need to find one that fits that little space.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know that’s why I like it and can be put on anything. My biggest complaint is to why the filtration intake is on the bottom…I know it’s originally for freshwater but I honestly might end up using an HOB instead. Did you use it for saltwater or only fresh? I should probably get a different pump too I just need to find one that fits that little space.
I used mine as a fresh water betta tank, wasn’t into salt water back then. And yeah the fact that the “overflow” is on the bottom is strange. But some of the other things I’ve had by them are the same way.

Probably gonna be tough to find a pump for that small of a space, it’s pretty tough to find a pump for the Fluval Evo five, and I think the overflow is bigger in that tank. But certainly if you find one me and the other Fluval owners would appreciate you sharing ha ha

if you really need more flow you could try just a small powerhead

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used mine as a fresh water betta tank, wasn’t into salt water back then. And yeah the fact that the “overflow” is on the bottom is strange. But some of the other things I’ve had by them are the same way.

Probably gonna be tough to find a pump for that small of a space, it’s pretty tough to find a pump for the Fluval Evo five, and I think the overflow is bigger in that tank. But certainly if you find one me and the other Fluval owners would appreciate you sharing ha ha

if you really need more flow you could try just a small powerhead
I did it was too strong. I have to look for another one.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I really didn’t like that tank and decided to change it to a rimless 6 gallon I’ll be selling the other one and my lobster should be coming on Sunday! My tank before the transfer was in the middle of an ammonia spike so that’s good it should be done with the mini cycle soon.
90801E50-55A3-4349-A02A-ABC0A7DC4E45.jpeg

Back