Local fish store buying my frags

Gator2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I made a post about how my Kenyan trees started to drop babies like crazy. I was told to take advantage of it and I sold 6 of the frags to a local fish store to see what they would give me. They were only an inch tall and they gave me a dollar a piece. I felt that was fair (do you think that is fair)? While I was there, I got to thinking about getting a blue throat trigger. They want about $65 for it. I thought about using whatever I make from these frags to buy the trigger. My question lies with, do you think this is a fair price and what do you think I would get for a 8” tall Kenyan tree that is about a quarter thick. I have two Kenyans that are 8” wide and at the rate these things are growing, it would be no time before I had anyone if I wanted to keep two large frags for my selfs.

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats obviously not optimum pricing but not terrible considering the rate they grow at. I would start fragging mini colonies and selling it in bulk.

OP
OP
Gator2019

Gator2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats obviously not optimum pricing but not terrible considering the rate they grow at. I would start fragging mini colonies and selling it in bulk.
I figured it wasn’t optimum since I paid $5 for a 2” frag of it 6 months ago. I just knew they had to make money off of it, even if it is 5x what they pay for it. They said if the frags were even just slightly bigger 2”-3” they would be willing to pay more. I

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it wasn’t optimum since I paid $5 for a 2” frag of it 6 months ago. I just knew they had to make money off of it, even if it is 5x what they pay for it. They said if the frags were even just slightly bigger 2”-3” they would be willing to pay more. I
Not a bad deal. They may do more for store credit but I wold just keep fragging and selling your way to more corals

OP
OP
Gator2019

Gator2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a bad deal. They may do more for store credit but I wold just keep fragging and selling your way to more corals
I meant to say it is all store credit. They don’t give out any cash. I just wanna get the trigger before it is gone, but also want to keep the tank substainable money wise where the coral I sell provides money for anything I get the tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back