Local reefers beat LFS and online

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I went to my LFS to just get some food. Then the itch hit. They were unloading the new shipment and I was mesmerized. However I left without buying anything. Soon as I got home I contacted a local seller I've used before. All I said was the price I wanted to pay and said I wanted diversity. Ended up with 11 new frags including some designer ones for what 3 frags would have cost at the LFS.

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I went to my LFS to just get some food. Then the itch hit. They were unloading the new shipment and I was mesmerized. However I left without buying anything. Soon as I got home I contacted a local seller I've used before. All I said was the price I wanted to pay and said I wanted diversity. Ended up with 11 new frags including some designer ones for what 3 frags would have cost at the LFS.
Yep, I've pretty much overstocked my tank with frags from hobbyist for a few hundred dollars and very rapidly did so. Also nice that it is true aquaculture and about as "green" as you can hope for in this hobby if that is your thing.

I buy drygoods at markup from a local LFS so they are there when I need meds in a hurry. I also purchased the few WC fish I have from the LFS vs online. No point in overpaying in frags shipped in from Westcoast chopshops and iffy mariculture sources though.

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overhead. I try to support my LFS whenever I can.
I still buy plenty from them. However coral is seldom one of them.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back