Local rock source

SlowAndStupid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
297
Reaction score
701
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to collect dry rock to transition over to a saltwater tank and need a lot. Are there any local sources in North Alabama to avoid shipping large quantities?
 
Finding used rock is always the cheapest method, just hunt around on here or other online communities for your area. There's someone doing a tank teardown pretty much every week in HSV.
 
Thanks will continue to look online here. Didn't know if there was a LFS that carried some as I'll be over in Huntsville this weekend.
 
Thanks will continue to look online here. Didn't know if there was a LFS that carried some as I'll be over in Huntsville this weekend.

Aquatic Cove
How much do you need? I have some I may can part with.
 
I have a 1000 gallon tank I am converting from fresh to saltwater. Reading about making and curing diy rock given the volume I need.
 
I have a 1000 gallon tank I am converting from fresh to saltwater. Reading about making and curing diy rock given the volume I need.
Yea. That’s a good bit. You could look into some of the ceramic cubes or spheres if you don’t want to use as much rock
 
I have a 1000 gallon tank I am converting from fresh to saltwater. Reading about making and curing diy rock given the volume I need.
Ha, you're the second guy in that area with a 1k+ gallon tank. Y'all just really like massive tanks up there?
 
I could use some as well. I live in Killen, Al. If anyone has any I am definitely willing to drive and get it. I’ll be needing it in the next few weeks.
 
Thanks will continue to look online here. Didn't know if there was a LFS that carried some as I'll be over in Huntsville this weekend.
I have a ton of good rock. Bought loads of rock about two years ago. Been in my garage with a pair of clownfish and some mollys. I’ve been trying to get myself interested in the hobby again since I moved to hville, but I’m kind of thinking I may just downsize to a nano and be done with big stuff. If you need anything, I’m sure I have it somewhere in my garage, as sad as that sounds.
Madison, AL
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new