LOCO OVER SALT

reefette44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i AM about to lose it over, probably the easiest part of this obsession, SALT! I have tried almost all of them and had actually been pretty happy with the cheapest of them, and I let the confusing bullS that companies put in their ads...I am happy to pay extra IF it really is better for my babies. So i go and buy the one with the pretty ads..
when will i learn to leave **** alone?!
The sides and bottom of saltwater reservoir were sludgy with brown muck. what the heck is that stuff and how or why is it there?? This brand was 40 more for the bucket. One of the main selling points was purity and clean mixing! Do they really not try their own products?
why can i not believe that the salt i use, even though cheap, ( not I.O.) has shown no physical signs of funny business, it does exactly what it says, so whats my deal?!
I didnt want to use brand names because im nt trying to be that person, but if you have a salt that you are stoked with, can you let me know what and why? Im curious to see if im not as lonely as i think in using the one I like!
ALSO, if you live in san diego, how are you dealing with having to pay a water bill and using ro/di? I suffer a 1500 a month water bill and i have no grass in my front or backyards! lots of plants but, no. I use a booster also but the waste ratio is still HIGGHHH. ANY solutions?

Last edited:

Romeo Kilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is water from the Pacific an option? $1500 is insane, I pay $3.40 per CCF, it will be years before I total $1500. Instant Ocean Reef Crystals work for me without complaint. I mix it the day before a water change, rinse the roughneck before and after, never noticed ant buildup ant the water that goes in the tank matches the perameters.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i AM about to lose it over, probably the easiest part of this obsession, SALT! I have tried almost all of them and had actually been pretty happy with the cheapest of them, and I let the confusing bullS that companies put in their ads...I am happy to pay extra IF it really is better for my babies. So i go and buy the one with the pretty ads..
when will i learn to leave **** alone?!
The sides and bottom of saltwater reservoir were sludgy with brown muck. what the heck is that stuff and how or why is it there?? This brand was 40 more for the bucket. One of the main selling points was purity and clean mixing! Do they really not try their own products?
why can i not believe that the salt i use, even though cheap, ( not I.O.) has shown no physical signs of funny business, it does exactly what it says, so whats my deal?!
I didnt want to use brand names because im nt trying to be that person, but if you have a salt that you are stoked with, can you let me know what and why? Im curious to see if im not as lonely as i think in using the one I like!
ALSO, if you live in san diego, how are you dealing with having to pay a water bill and using ro/di? I suffer a 1500 a month water bill and i have no grass in my front or backyards! lots of plants but, no. I use a booster also but the waste ratio is still HIGGHHH. ANY solutions?
Add a 2nd membrane off the waste from the 1st, doubled my ro output.
I also use the rodi waste on the plants outside via 50 foot 1/4 hose

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your source water quality like? With water that expensive maybe you would be better of without a RO membrane so you had no waste water.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 104 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back