lol , skimmer out of scrap

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i had some scrap laying around and threw this together for the fun of it.

Need to sand wedgpipe and it should be good. Just wanted to get rid of the scrap so I built it to sell realy cheap here local. But thought Iwould share the pic of it. Makes me laugh when I look at it.

03290023032.jpg

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No flange. pump is mounted to bottom plate via titanium screws. plug will be removable. so if you want to take it all the way out you can. But no need to. I actually went and hooked it up. Now please dont judge as I threw this together for fun as I was just going to throw the pieces away. So I thought why not try to make something useful and recoupe my losses. I figure if soemone here local needs a skimmer for $100 buck they can have it. otherwise I ll just throw it on the shelf as a whatever emergency skimmer if someone ever needs it. It actually is work just fine. This is by no means on the same level as some of the past ones I have built but it does have an 8 inch body with a 4.25 in neck. First tests is pulling ~850 lph of air. Not bad lol the thing is... its already starting to get a head on it in 15 minutes. Just funny is all. another mans jusnk is another mans treasure. lol maybe..
Mojo~

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was talking about the neck flange, to remove the cup.... no judging here man, i think it's great when people build there own stuff, especially a little project like that, where it is big money saver or just to see how cheap we can really do it....nothing wrong with that at all....i wanna see some pics of it running...:)

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, yea the cup comes off just like a bk mini. it has a oring in it. the weight of the cup and the seal hold it on.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back