Long grayish black worms?

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just received live rock from my local fish store and there were these long black grayish looking worms the lady at the fish store said they’re feather duster’s but I’m not 100% sure what do you guys think? Also I wanted to get everyone’s opinion before I put the rock in my tank.

32AADD10-9792-4E17-998F-6138210F22B3.jpeg

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just received live rock from my local fish store and there were these long black grayish looking worms the lady at the fish store said they’re feather duster’s but I’m not 100% sure what do you guys think? Also I wanted to get everyone’s opinion before I put the rock in my tank.

32AADD10-9792-4E17-998F-6138210F22B3.jpeg
When I touch them they don’t move or anything so idk.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’ll have a few live ones on there
Some people like them (me included), but some people don’t, they can grow inside filter equipment and can be a hassle to remove, but I think they’re beneficial, they filter and help polish the water. Plus they’re kind of cool looking. When they get really dense on a rock they provide some movement and they all suck in whenever something startles then. They may be alive, you won’t really know until they’ve been in the tank for a day or two.

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people like them (me included), but some people don’t, they can grow inside filter equipment and can be a hassle to remove, but I think they’re beneficial, they filter and help polish the water. Plus they’re kind of cool looking. When they get really dense on a rock they provide some movement and they all suck in whenever something startles then. They may be alive, you won’t really know until they’ve been in the tank for a day or two.
Sounds kinda cool actually

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to Thankyou I can confirm those are feather duster’s because I saw two or three of them actually come out thank you!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back