Long nose butterfly fish experience?

https://aqualocker.com/
OP
Jase4224

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Great fish. Peaceful and great for reaching aptasia with their long snout but not the hardiest of fish and often not long lived in a tank unless WELL ESTABLISHED.
I carried them at my store when I was in business and always a quick seller. I personally had one but made it 7 months.
That sucks losing a fish after 7months, do you know what happened to it? I have mine eating mysis but I feel like it needs more variety. I’ve seen it peck at and aiptasia but hasn’t gone back to finish it unfortunately!

https://www.omegasea.net/

Fishfinder

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve got one and a copperband. They are great together. He doesn’t eat any coral but will occasionally try to snag a polyp off an acro. But he does no harm. He’s a very non aggressive fish that minds his own business. But he will stand up from himself in a fight. I often find him swimming upside down trying to pick at the rocks.

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
It went #1 with the cbb. With them it's hit or miss, the one i have now is great (1 year).
Thanks for the comment, the little reef is doing fine presently.
For the full tank shot you can check my build thread.

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Beautiful tank btw just from those two pics it looks great don’t be afraid to put up a fts!

I’d say I won’t be adding my purple tang for a good six months yet so should be plenty of time to settle. It seems very settled now already but still early days.

Out of interest how did it get on with your copperband? They look great together. I tried one but unfortunately I couldn’t get it to eat :(
Again, forgot to clic on "reply".
Your answer is the post above

OP
Jase4224

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Update: my longnose butterfly is doing great, eats like a pig and after a week of pacing the glass early on seems to have gotten over that behaviour and now explores the rock work. Very peaceful yet bold fish. Lovely personality.

HOWEVER.. I did have to remove a 4” sand sifting starfish because the longnose has in the last week or so continuously picked at its feet, preventing it from coming out to feed. Did not expect this and kind of ruin some my plan to eventually add a blue linkia starfish. This is unfortunate but the star is happy in the fuge and I really am happy with my butterfly.

Earn WWC Rewards Points
https://aqualocker.com/

Have you ever had an algae outbreak so bad that you had to break the tank down and start over?

• Yes

Votes: 91 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 348 69.7%
  • Having a major outbreak right now and I'm considering it

Votes: 40 8.0%
  • I've never had algae and my name is Pinocchio

Votes: 20 4.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Use pumps from different brands TOGETHER!
noopsyche