!!!LONG OVER DUE, MISS SCARLETT RE-SHOOT!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The "Miss Scarlett" was another piece that was terribly represented with a crummy old pic I took handheld right out of the old raceway tank. I was never happy with it and always knew I'd try again sometime for a better shot or two. Well, I finally snuck my larger colony in the pic tank for a proper shoot last week. Still not perfect, but worlds better than the old shot. My only regret is that I fragged a lot of new growth off a few months ago so it's not as gloriously "sprawling" as it normally would be.

Blues really pull some cool color out of this one as well. Another excellent showcase of this effect. Far from "new", The Scarlett's been with me at least 5-6 years now. A refreshingly fast grower and super hardy as well. Miss Scarlett was one of few pieces that remained totally unaffected by the uprooting of my system for the move a couple of years ago now. While many others were struggling immediately following the big move, the Scarlett never skipped a beat. It was like my ray of hope for a while there lol.

Anyway, If you got one please feel free to share as well.

Whites on the left, and deep blue shots on the right.

Screenshot 2019-10-02 11.55.52.png

Screenshot 2019-10-03 09.02.13.png

Last edited:

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never understood a couple things about this piece, ESPECIALLY, after owning it.

1 - why so dang cheap
2 - why it wasn’t more popular

just an excellent captive sps. Love it

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I never understood a couple things about this piece, ESPECIALLY, after owning it.

1 - why so dang cheap
2 - why it wasn’t more popular

just an excellent captive sps. Love it

Hey man Thanks for the post! Great questions, rhetorical or not I will answer them:) The first one is easy. It's a fast grower and when I have plenty of any given piece to go around, I always price as low as I can. That really goes for everything in my collection. As for popularity, guessing my old pic didn't help much lol. And I can't say I ever really hyped this one up all that much either. Definitely a deeply underappreciated acro either way.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow the old pic looked like a red planet I never knew it had green polyps like that . It almost looks like leprechauns beard

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a beauty!!

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really loving this piece. Got it as a freebie with one of my orders and has certainly become one of my favorites!
@Battlecorals Does this thing need a lot of light to pull out those orange hues under actinic light? Or does the colony just need to mature?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back